Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's About Time I Finished Something (Part 2)

Something snapped in me this year. I think it might have been my sanity. I signed up for the silliness that is NaKniSweMoDo. That is, National Knit a Sweater a Month Dodecathon. It is nearing the end of the fourth month and I have only completed two sweaters. I do have a tank that is nearing the halfway point and another cardigan that is ~75% finished. I would be even closer on the cardi, but it was just too hot this week to think about wool, even Silky Wool.

Project: Must Have Cardigan by Patons
Size: Medium
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Merino in grey (6 skeins)
Needles: US 6 (4.0 mm) and US 7 (4.5 mm)

Notes: This was actually a fairly fast knit. I started the back in December, but only knit about three inches to check gauge before shelving it until New Years Day. I finished on 12 February. It wasn't difficult and the instructions were quite clear. I did add two inches to the body and at least one to the sleeves. I do wish that I had made the next larger size as this is a bit more fitted than I would like. Of course, I could lose those 25 pounds that have been haunting me and then it would fit much better. Alternatively, I could send it to my sister in Minnesota who is the one who actually needs a wool cardigan. And, yes, I have considered knitting a second one for myself and sending this one to my sister.




No comments: