Sunday, October 19, 2008

Better Than Socks


Instead of socks on Sunday, I have a new sweater! I started this one in May and had several work-inspired interruptions. I went on a business trip last week to Maryland and dragged the pieces with me with the slim hope that I might have some time to finish. There was very little time to work on it during the week, but the nice, long plane ride gave me plenty of time. I added the buttons on Saturday and here it is!


Project: Basic Black, by Glenna C. (free pattern available on Ravelry)
Yarn: Frog Tree Cotton/Silk DK
Needles: US 4 and US 6

Notes: This was actually not a difficult knit. It would have gone much more smoothly if I hadn't had so many interruptions. I am really happy with how it turned out. The only changes I made were to add an inch or so to each sleeve (I have long arms) and to the body (bare midriffs are not for me. Oh, and I knit the button band all in one piece instead of knitting down from the center back.

No comments: