Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Skies are Blue, the Lake is Warm, Trekking is Good

I'm very late getting my Saturday Sky picture up. We had some technical difficulties getting the cameras to speak with my computer and then the wireless is not always up. Considering that it is a VACATION, we are not complaining when we are disconnected.

First, the sky on Saturday was gorgeous:


Next, the fishing has been very good. Young Man has been speaking of virtually nothing but fishing for weeks (or months). This is an early catch (Perch for those interested in these things). He also won the resort fishing contest by catching 30 fish in about 40 minutes.

It has been stinky, stupid hot this week, so the hiking has been on hold. However, the Trekking has been great! My pair is now finished. When we return home, Mr. Engineer's pair will begin. I've also finished one cotton tank, but it is too hot to wear. I did wear my new Roundabout Leaf Tank on a trip to the Minneapolis Institute of Art.

Pattern: Melanie's Twist

Yarn: Trekking #66

Needles: US 1 dpns

Notes: Wonderful pattern that works very well with the Trekking yarn. I can't say enough good things about this fiber. I love my new socks! The picture does not do them justice.

7 comments:

jenknits said...

The socks are great! Enjoy your vacation!

Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous pair of socks - I love the pattern. And it looks like a great vacation too.

Anonymous said...

I'm not officially trekking, but I do like looking at the socks everyone is making. I love that yarn and have a pair out of 100 and am working on a pair in 108 right now. So, Amazing Threads is my LYS, I'm glad that the parking is right at the door---easier to carry large, bulky packages to the car. Great store, great variety of yarns, and wonderful owners and staff.

Anonymous said...

I'm not officially trekking, but I do like looking at the socks everyone is making. I love that yarn and have a pair out of 100 and am working on a pair in 108 right now. So, Amazing Threads is my LYS, I'm glad that the parking is right at the door---easier to carry large, bulky packages to the car. Great store, great variety of yarns, and wonderful owners and staff.

Tracy Batchelder said...

That's a great looking pattern. I'm printing it out right now.

Rebecca said...

Nice pair of Trekking socks! I have only turned the heel on my first one - too many projects!

The Young Man looks quite proud of his catch...good for him...love that resort fishing!

Anonymous said...

I love the pattern with the yarn. I'm going to check out that stitch. Looks like a nice vacation too.