Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Virtual Knitting in the Car

No, I haven't taken to terrorizing the drivers of Southern California freeways by knitting while I drive. However, I have found a way to enjoy knitting in a way that makes Mr. Engineer certain that I have slipped a cog. I could say that this is all his fault. Mr. Engineer gave me a really cool MP3 player for Xmas this year. I didn't go for the bitten fruit. Instead I now have a sleek, black Philips GoGear. This baby and its 30GB drive hold every single one of my ripped CDs. I cannot express how fun it is to click Music:Genre:Blues:Shuffle All. Way cool.

Luckily, there is enough extra space on the disk to hold my newest addiction. I have discovered podcasts! First, I found Knit Cast. Marie Irshad brings all sorts of wonderful people to my ears. I can commute with Debbie Bliss or Kate Gilbert. I am now impatiently waiting for the next episode. Until then, I am catching up on Brenda Dayne's Cast On. Brenda cracks me up and makes me wonder if I have the material and guts to try this out. Maybe later in the year.

For now, there are other priorities. Mr. Engineer surprised me with the news that he has taken care of one of my to-do list items and is organizing a trip for my sister and her hubby to visit us! As excited as I was to hear this, I was immediately filled with the horror that comes with the knowledge that I now have to clean the craft room! Buried in that room under bags of yarn and boxes of stuff is a sleeper sofa. I will find it. I'm sure it is in there. I have two months. Wish me luck.

I think they will like the sunrise here:

No comments: